Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 14, 2010

DIY lab: My creation Bugnato clutch

Today i would like to show you what i've been working on in the past weeks. It has been a real challenge but i'm proud of the result!
In a previous post i told you that i wanted to create something to go with my studded shoes, something edgy, something gagaish. I decided to sew a schrug and a bag. My inspiration were square studs natural crystals and origami.


I made some experiments with paper trying to figure out on how to do the shape that i wanted with fabric.First i chose the color:black. I found a black wool in silk fabric and i decided to go for it. I've cut a square and sewn its diagonals and the square stud was made. To magnify the effect i've gone with the repetition on this element and i've created the schrug shape. To increase the dramatic effect i've added some spikes on the edges of the shoulders.
The bag was made even more spiky, the basic element is a pyramid.
I really like the result it's strong and aggressive and the bag, it's like an armor or a weapon, the opacity of the fabric gives it some elegance, what do you think?
When my father saw it (i always ask opinions to those that count!) he said that the bag made he think to palazzo dei diamanti (palace of dimonds) that is a building situated in Ferrara that has an armor of diamonds all over it like an armor, here's the pictures i found for Palazzo dei diamanti and this architectural decoration is called bugnato,so ths is the bugnato clutch.















I've taken some pictures of the bag, i'll try to shoot some better pictures in the next days with the schrug, give me your opinion!!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com

About Me

My Photo
Youth Pangkahkulon
View my complete profile